Monday, March 23, 2009

Content... for the moment. ;0)

So, as I ran around this morning getting Matthew set for his day and getting myself ready to be set for the day, I realized something. I really enjoy taking care of my kiddo and his Daddy -- my family. I know this isn't some monumental, world changing revelation. But it is something of significance for me.

I tend to be less than content with my surroundings and am always trying to "make it better." I'm sure it comes from a childhood filled with uncertainty, instability and whole bunch of unanswered questions. I am always looking for the greener grass and sometimes feel like I'm missing out on something better...

But not this morning. I was looking out my front room's window, turned around and realized just how much I love my house. I went into the kitchen and started thinking of the things I needed to get at the grocery store and realized just how much I love taking care of my guys. These are the things I longed for as a child; stability, knowing that I was being thoughtfully taken care of and knowing that I was important to someone.

This sounds a bit melodramtic, but it is something that I consider from day-to-day. And it is wonderful that, at least for today, I am truly happy to be right where I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment