
Okay, you may not know this, but I am a die-hard design/decorating/remodeling reality show junkie. (yeah ... you could probably add almost any other kind of reality show to that list, but that's another post).
So, this morning while I worked out, I watched the latest "Design Star" on HGTV. (Don't you just love OnDemand?) It was the Dueling Kitchen Challenge and it always proves to be a great episode. This one was no different. The two teams did their thing with only one of them actually finishing the task (a first in this challenge). That kitchen was nice, a bit busy, but finished. The other kitchen -- well not only was it not finished, but they left a literal dump in the adjoining dining room. They didn't install the base cabinets correctly, so the granite countertops couldn't be installed correctly. They chose to do a tile backsplash (the bain of every Duel Kitchen Challege) and they didn't finish it. They didn't even finish sweeping the floors. Ugh. But the biggest issue to me in the world of design competition is that they didn't stage the room. They didn't dress it. You can hide a multitude of sins with the correct accessories! They couldn't even get that done!
The kicker here is that with all the wrongs, the ULTIMATE wrong was that the judges didn't eliminate the one who created the ultimate faux pas. The one who could have helped the team "hide" their inability to work together -- and didn't. That person was Tashica Morgan. She should SO be gone. And this was the second week in a row that she not only didn't produce, but more importantly couldn't produce. She ain't got it, folks.
Okay, that's it for that. Let's see what happens when I watch last week's "Next Food Network Star" while I work out tomorrow morning. I may have something to say about that one too...

eek! Don't come to my house. I pretend to not know what accessorize means. Barer is better here. ha ha ha!
ReplyDeleteOh Fathead! You know, I could always come over and accessorize the heck out of your house!!! har har har...
ReplyDeleteI haven't seen that episode yet - we TiVO and then watch the following week. But they always have problems with the kitchen - why do they insist on tile?
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by my blog!
Manuela