Thursday, August 27, 2009

Change

Sent the boy to fifth grade today. The house is quiet -- and it’s a different quiet. Not like he’s outside playing, or went on a trip up to the store with Dad, but that he’s gone for the day.

When did this all happen? When did he become this young man? A tween? Where is that gorgeous little bundle of warmth and yummy smells and perfect little fingers and toes...

{One Day Old ... 2/27/99}


I thought that this would last forever. I thought I wanted it to be over sooner than later. I was wrong on both accounts. He's my little man. He's my husband's Mini-Me. He's too much like me. He's perfect.

{Fifth Grader ... 8/27/09}

6 comments:

  1. Look at him! That reminds me that I have to post my pictures from the first day of school. That was over a week ago. ACK! Too busy figuring out FB. ha ha ha ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I got a little choked up! They grow up waaaay too fast. He's a handsome young man though! And you are a good mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw Annie...you got me all weepy-eyed! What a lovely young man you have there. Thanks in part to his mom, I'm sure. =]

    Thank you for dropping by my blog!! We used Behr Ultra White (in semi-gloss) for our cabinets. It's a pretty stark white. While we love how it brightens up the space, we'd probably go w/ a softer white. We used Benjamin Moore's China White on our fireplace mantel (pics on my blog) and it's just a lovely soft white (w/ little to no yellow undertones). Also we used BM White Dove on our exterior house trim (sorry no pics yet!) and it's my favorite white--crisp yet soft. So I highly recommend either one of those! Hope that helps. =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie... getting sentimental? I like this side of you! ;) Thankfully I have 7 more days before I have to get all weepy! Ha! ;) Still living it up SUMMER TIME STYLE at our CASA!! :) WOOT WOOT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet post--it gave me chills. I've got an 11 month old baby daughter who I know will grow up in a flash. But today, she's busy learning fun new "words" like "oodledoo". :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE that you post family pictures! I guess that's the stalker in me ;)

    ReplyDelete