(photo from http://www.cartoon-hearts.com/)
Okay, so the last time we met (er... posted), I used a famous phrase from a famous actress as my post title. I also mentioned that who- (whom-?) ever could tell me which actress and why she said it, they were gonna get some lovin' from me. Soooo, congrats, Miss Amy of Amy's Blogity Blog!! (Sally Foster accepting her Oscar for "Places in the Heart" in 1985.)
Amy and I went to high school together back in the day. Way back in the day actually. Our 20-year reunion is coming up in two years. (yikes!) Anyway, while Amy and I didn't actually "hang" in high school, we ran in some of the same circles. Fast forward to our 10-year reunion in 2001 and Amy, her husband, Rob (another fellow CHS alum) and her two adorable twins all sat with us and discussed potty training. What a hoot! Fast forward to roughly 6 months ago and Amy and I have found each other again and have been emailing and Facebooking. It's like meeting a brand-new friend -- all over again! We share family photos, funny stories, encourage one another and are even planning a 20-year reunion together!
The Internet is a lot of things. Frustrating. Complicated. Ridiculous. Did I say frustrating? But it's also a great portal into long lost relationships ... and those that you didn't even realize would be SO GREAT! And reconnecting with Amy is SO GREAT!
I {bloglove} ya! ;0)


OH Annie, I am so honored! It has been such a blessing to reconnect with you! I have enjoyed seeing your family and hearing about your life. It is theraputic to share sometimes. I know we didn't 'hang' in high school, but I love that everyone is our class was friends. I appreciate your values and love talking to you! It was Sally--- Field--- right? cute question. We will talk reunion stuff soon.
ReplyDeletehahahah! YES! It was Sally FIELD not Sally FOSTER! (We do a fundraiser at school using Sally Foster ... I think I need to put the PTG stuff out of my mind for a minute.) :)
ReplyDeleteOK, so I JUST figured out that this AMY is THE Amy Grogan, only that's not her married name. Too cool! I love your blog, Annie. Plus I love you, you're the BESTEST ever :)
ReplyDelete