Well, after the eight months it's taken to get these done, it feels a bit like childbirth. Although this Mama ain't too excited about how the "kiddos" turned out. (Terrible, I know...) It was definitely more difficult than I thought it would be, but it was fun and I do believe I would do it again. Armed, of course, with new knowledge about fabric choices (the material was too thick in some spots and not heavy enough in others), structural issues and my handy-dandy electric staple gun and pneumatic staple gun. Next chairs in queue: bring it on!
a before shot...

and the after...
So there you are! Thoughts?

They turned out lovely! Why is it that projects always take longer (and cost more) than you ever anticipated? Oh well, at least you had fun and gained knowledge and experience. Way to go! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteIt's not twin babies, it's twin chairs. You sure had me fooled. They sure look awesome. I'll say, those chairs look really neat. I like the way they look. Awesome job!
ReplyDeleteThey turned out GREAT!! And I love the table... the whole little area looks great! And I love the light that comes in that window. :)
ReplyDeleteWowza! That's awesome! I am so proud of you. With the right tools anything is possible.
ReplyDeleteWow you go girl way to tackle it. It turned out great...what a stark difference. I love the new black frame also.
ReplyDeleteHoly WOW! These are just gorgeous! I saw your comment on a blog post I was reading and I popped over to say hi. I always love girls named Annie! So nice to meet you and WAY TO GO with these chairs. Just stunning. You did good!
ReplyDeleteUm, hello? BEAUTIFUL!! I would never tackle something so ambitious...and to me, anything involving fabric is too ambitious! ;)
ReplyDelete(By the way, I thought you were talking about a boob job. So there.)
nooooo your's are beauuuutiful!!! :)
ReplyDeleteWow, impressive!!! Those are gorgeous, such an improvement too :-)
ReplyDeleteGood job lady!