Monday, December 27, 2010
It Must Be in the Air ...
It seems that change is in the air.
People are becoming increasingly unhappy with the status quo.
Friends are craving a more simple existance.
People are talking about simplifying ...
And after the year I've had {emotionally speaking}, I have to say that I'm up for the same.
I need to do more for myself.
I know that this sounds selfish and, maybe to a point, it is.
But I am so tired of caring about what others think I should do. be. say. think.
Enough already.
I'm ready to be a grown-up.
I'm ready to be open to new stuff without the fear of what someone might think about it.
I'm ready to listen to only those who can build me up -- not those who destroy me with their opinions.
I don't want to be unteachable.
I want to hear what God is trying to tell me.
I want to know that Jesus is truly a part of my life.
I want to know when the Holy Spirit speaks to my heart.
I'm ready to make progress.
I'm ready to be happy. Joyful.
So, I have declared 2011 to be the "Year of No Drama".
I know that techinically this isn't possible ... however,
I know that I can take charge of how much of the inevitable drama affects me and
How I affect it.
So, that is the plan.
And since this is all about "change",
I know that I will most likely need to be flexible in my approach.
But my actual focus will not be changed:
NO.DRAMA.FOR.THIS.MAMA.IN.2011.
There you go.
I'll let you know how it goes.
:0)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh Fanny Fathead! How I adore you.
ReplyDeleteSomeone once told me that the only constant in life is change. :)
You need a T-Shirt... or a bumper sticker with that excellent slogan!! Printed in ALL CAPS! :P Here's to a BORING 2011! :D
ReplyDelete