Did lots of home improvement projects.
My Boys went to get more stuff to do more stuff.
The house is quiet.
And I'm realizing that tomorrow everything changes.
The Boy will walk out the door and become a Middle Schooler.
A Seventh Grader.
No more crayons or special Mother's Day projects or fun sack lunches.
Just "big guy" stuff.
I'm thrilled for him.
And startled at how fast it happened.
I pray that his year is a fantastic one.
Filled with all kinds of great learning
New friends
And new interests uncovered.
But I long for the days when he would curl up in my lap
And tell me he is never going to leave home.
That being a big boy isn't important because he's got me
And doesn't need anything else.
That he's going to live at home forever.
I know it's not possible.
But I sure do wish I could have a few minutes of that time back.
Here's to you my beautiful Boy ...
I sure do love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment