Tuesday, February 1, 2011

It Starts Today ...

Nope.
Cannot be true.
Really?
Well, I don't know.

Okay.
I'll give in.
Today is February 1st.
Exactly 25 days before I become the mother of a
12 year old.
And I don't like it.
Seriously.

It's not just the sheer number of white hairs
I'm constantly pluking from my head.
It's not all the times that I look in the mirror
And find that my eyes are showing
An alarming number of wrinkles.

It's that everytime I look up,
He's taller.
He's smarter.
He's more onery.
He's more hilarious.
He's more handsome.
He amazes me.

And then I realize that he's all mine.
Well, mine and The Hubs'.
But mostly mine. 
{snicker snicker}

It starts today ...
And I'll just have to be okay with it.
Cuz I totally {heart} him!


2 comments:

  1. Phew. I get to keep my 11 year old until August. Lucky me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie, me too only mine will be THIRTEEN this year. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete